Mar 31 2016 0 Comments Tags: classic womens clothing, Edgy Chic Fashion Blog, modern womens clothing, spring cleaning fashion, Spring Cleaning your Closet, timeless womens clothing, trendy womens clothing blog, trendy womens fashion blog
Edgy Chic Fashion Blog
According to the calendar Spring is here, but you wouldn’t know it by looking out my window today. Yes, it's a Spring blizzard, with up to 9 inches of snow predicted. In spite of the March blizzard, we love everything about Spring. The tulips peeking through in the flower beds, the green grass, and Persona's fresh new spring styles that are arriving daily.
Each year I pick a weekend and completely clean out my closet. It’s exhausting but what an invigorating task! Spring cleaning your closet should not be a slash and burn approach, but used as an opportunity to take stock of what you are missing in your Spring wardrobe. You will most likely rediscover Spring clothes that you have forgotten you own (think of this as shopping for free!).
So with that said, we decided to share with you a few of our tips for Spring cleaning your closet.
Where to start?! We like to have 3 piles or areas ready for keep, donate, hmmm…maybe.
Tip: Get rid of anything you haven’t worn in 2 years.
1. Let’s start with winter weather clothing…you know the items you never wore this past winter. Winter is over or just about, so now is a good time to look over what you wore and what you did not. If it went this entire winter season without you wearing it, it’s time to toss it, or donate it.
Or try this method: Put everything you haven’t worn this season in a plastic container or bag and stash it at the back of your closet. Likewise, this applies to all clothing in your closet. If you don’t miss these next winter, or after several months, it is time to part with them.
2. Collars: I’m a collar person…I hate stained, frayed collars! This makes your outfit look sloppy. Remember the collar is right in people’s line of vision, so any frays, stains, once again say goodbye.
3. Consider this rule: If you put on an article of clothing and then immediately take it off to wear something else two or more times, well it’s time to let it go. Yes, you spent good money on it, but if you are never going to wear it, all it’s doing is taking up needed space in your closet. So, smile and think of the pleasure someone else will get when wearing it.
4. If you hold up a piece of clothing and you see any body part imprinted on it….knees, elbows, etc. say goodbye.
5. Stained Clothing: Seriously, think about it….are you going to wear a stained piece of clothing (at least not in public)? However much you love it, it needs to be done…say goodbye! Do you really want people to know that you can’t drink wine without dribbling on your shirt, or you lack the ability to put makeup on while driving?
6. Update your panties: Okay, you just need to throw out undies that have seen better days, and get rid of those bras that no longer support you.
7. Sock drawer: Yes, your sock drawer also needs attention. Sort through your socks for holes and thin spots. Check your tights and hosiery for snags and the pilling that happens. Recycle your socks…they make great rags for dusting.
8. My new favorite: I have invested in good hangers that all match. My choice; black velvet non-slip. They take up less space and just makes your closet look neat, and organized.
9. Jewelry and scarves: Just because they were in style 2 years ago, does not mean you need to hold onto them. Donate them to Goodwill.
10. Our last word of advice is that ALL of your clothing, should make you feel great, from your softest sweaters and jeans, to your evening wear. If this is not the case, once again, donate it. Somebody else will love it.
Spring cleaning your closet is accomplished! Now hop on over to personaclothingco.com to fill those empty spaces with modern & timeless pieces that won't go out of style!